See all installments.
As always, enjoy!
- “Say A / Say M / Say E / Say R / Say I / C / Say A / N / mm.” American Woman by the Guess Who. (Video and lyrics.) Here’s a longer version that actually contains these lyrics. It’s a cool, bluesy, live version. The lyric cited above starts at 5:00 in this version, which I think includes my new favorite lyric for this song: “Watch gonna do now that the roast beef’s gone?”
- “You got your glory, you paid for it all / You take your pension in loneliness and alcohol.” Everybody Wants You by Billy Squier. (Video and lyrics.)
- “Well the night weighs heavy on his guilty mind” Twilight Zone by Golden Earring. (A nice old-school video and lyrics.) The video is Rated R (for some very brief nudity. (If you want the shorter, G-rated video, which, alas, does not have the cool extended guitar riff, you can go here.)
- “And the all-time winner / Has got him by the balls.” Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull. (Video and lyrics.) Most radio stations now “bleep” or otherwise obfuscate the words “by the balls” or just “balls.” Whatever. But here they are, in all their glory.
- “Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye.” You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi. (Video and lyrics.)
Hope you enjoyed this!