Prince’s music was the soundtrack of my 30’s… as was ALL 1980’s music, more or less.
I’m dedicating this “17th Edition of the Favorite.Lyrics.Ever.” to the lyrics of songs written or performed by Prince.
See all installments in this series.
As always, enjoy!
- “Yeah, everybody’s got a bomb, // We could all die any day // But before I’ll let that happen, // I’ll dance my life away.” 1999. Released October 27, 1992. (Video and lyrics.)
- “Touch if you will my stomach // Feel how it trembles inside // You’ve got the butterflies all tied up” — When Doves Cry. Released 1984. (Video and lyrics.)
- “Act your age, mama // Not your shoe size // Maybe we could do the twirl.” Kiss. Released 1986.) (Video and lyrics.)
- “But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it all right.” – Little Red Corvette. Released 1982. (Video and lyrics.)
- “Are we gonna let de-elevator // Bring us down // Oh, no Let’s Go!” – Let’s Go Crazy. Released 1984. (Video and lyrics.)
And Prince also wrote songs for other artists. Here’s one of my favorite lyrics from a song he wrote that was a hit by Sheila E.:
- “Boys with small talk and small minds // Really don’t impress me in bed” // The Glamorous Life by Sheila E. (Video and lyrics.)
Although not one of my favorite lyrics, the following has been making the rounds on social media the past couple days:
- “Dearly beloved // We are gathered here today // 2 get through this thing called life.”
Here’s to the performer formerly (truly) known as Prince.