Here’s what I’ve published so far to mark MS Awareness Week:
- Day 1, Help Me Mark MS Awareness Week
- Day 2, MS Awareness Week: Info About MS
- Day 3, MS Awareness Week: Blogs and More
Today I’ll provide you with various ways you can help make this “A World Free of MS.”
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) has a number of its own donation methods:
- Workplace donation/non-government: NMSS is listed in the Community Health Charities of America directory.
- Workplace donation/US Government: NMSS is listed in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). To donate, select charity # 11409. Often the local NMSS chapter is listed as well, so you can select them to also receive a contribution from you.
- Fundraising events: Bike MS, Walk MS, Challenge Walk. There is something for everyone here. You can either sign up and get sponsors or sponsor someone who is walking or biking. (I am walking in the MS walk in Reston, Virginia next month. See my walk page for more information.)
- The NMSS has more information in its donation pages.
The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (MSF) has its own set of donation opportunities. Details are here.
The Myelin Project funds research to find a cure for demyelinating diseases, such as the leukodystrophies, which are genetic and multiple sclerosis, which is acquired. Their mission statement says it all:”The Myelin Project exists to end human suffering from demyelinating diseases.” Remember the movie “Lorenzo’s Oil“? Lorenzo Odone was the child in the movie who developed adrenoleukodystrophy, a demyelinating disease. Sadly, Lorenzo died in 2008; but you can make a difference by donating to the Myelin Project so that more research can be funded. (CFC #: 11222.The Myelin Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.)